Pediatric Feeding 101: Online Course
Pediatric Feeding 101: Online Course
A 2 hour course that covers the basics of early childhood pediatric feeding for OT’s, SLP’s, and other therapists.
Whether you help kids in a classroom, in their home, or in a clinic, you are bound to come across kids that are struggling to eat. But, it can be overwhelming and even scary to give the "wrong" advice because it could significantly delay progress, or even make eating worse.
Imagine what it would be like to have a basic knowledge and resources to help feeding difficulties improve...
Through Pediatric Feeding 101, a course for occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, teachers, developmental therapists, and more, that is possible.
And, you don't have to travel anywhere or take time off of work. All you have to do is log in and watch, read, and print all the helpful guides and handouts whenever it’s convenient for you.
Pediatric Feeding 101 is based on research and years of feeding experience by Alisha Grogan, a pediatric occupational therapist that specializes in feeding. She has taken continuing education classes in Talk Tools, The SOS Approach to Feeding, and more. But, has applied those and her own clinical observations and experience to help hundreds of children, in their homes (through early intervention programming), online, and in schools.
AOTA (American Occupational Therapy Association) CEU certified for 2 hours (.2 CEUs)
30 Day Money Back Guarantee: I know the Pediatric Feeding 101 works, but I want you to feel confident, so I welcome you to take 30 days to learn the strategies and begin to implement them. If, after those 30 days, you aren’t seeing any results we will gladly give you a full refund.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN...
1. Gain a foundation in feeding milestones (transitioning off of a bottle, starting table foods, straw drinking, etc.)
2. Learn how to create a structure and routine around meals with 6 specific guidelines that include scheduling and family mealtimes.
3. Learn proven and evidence based strategies for picky eating.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE...
- 3 core lessons totally 90 minutes
- Printable slides for core lessons
- Written transcripts of each lesson
- 30 minute bonus lesson: How to Help Families Follow Through with Feeding Strategies at Home
- Feeding MIlestones Checklist
- Feeding Schedules Template
- Creating a No Pressure Environment Guide
- Feeding History Form
- 5 Step Picky Eater Plan Outline
Frequently asked questions about this product?
Is this course right for me if I already have feeding experience?
This course is introductory, and the review and insight into perhaps some new strategies will be helpful. You'll also receive invaluable handouts that you're welcome to use with your clients or students' families
Do we receive continuing education credits or a certificate?
Yes, you do receive a certificate upon completion of all videos and quizzes (must score 80% or higher to pass).
This is an introductory course with no prerequisite required. This course is officially AOTA CEU certified for 2 contact hours or .2 CEU's.
1. Identify feeding milestones for children between ages 6-36 months old to utilize when evaluating a child.
2. Implement a positive mealtime routine for children and their families that decrease negative behaviors and picky eating at meals during treatment sessions with families.
3. Identify a 5 step system for helping families overcome picky eating that can be utilized during treatments with families.
4. Employ strategies for helping families follow through on therapeutic strategies at home during treatment sessions with families
How long do I have to complete the course?
Indefinitely, guaranteed for 1 year! However, all the PDF'S and printables are yours to download and keep at any time!
What age children does this course cover?
We start at about 6 months of age with babies eating their first foods and through most toddler feeding milestones. Picky eating strategies are beneficial for all kids through 6-8 years old.
I have a special needs request, who do I contact?
You can reach out to us at email@example.com for any needs, so that we may support you.
This is a digital product. Nothing physical will ship.
AOTA approved 2 hours
Your Kid’s Table is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course Approval ID# 00877. This Distant Learning-Independent course is offered at 0.2 CEUs Beginner Level OT Service Delivery. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This course is an excellent starter course to help ease into this complicated problem so often encountered in pediatrics. I appreciated her enthusiasm, experience and knowledge. I also appreciated all the resources and handouts provided! I will definitely be visiting the Your Kids Table in the future. Thanks for the "food" for thought!
This was just what I needed to address eating concerns many of my teachers and parents have. I am looking forward to using this information this year!
Very informative class. Great hand outs and written lecture notes are provided to add to my own written notes.